What I noticed first:
The color. Love this bright blue/pink combo (even though we all know we shouldn’t buy shoes only for their color, it still counts and I am attracted to bright colors).
How substantial the shoe is. Like I said, I’ve been running in lighter “less of a shoe” shoes (most of the shoes are 6-7 ounces). These weigh in at 8.9 ounces.
- Solid and quality stability shoe.
- This version of the GEL Kayano is 15% lighter than past models and quite a bit lighter than other comparable stability shoes
- Pretty color options!
- The midsole apparently relieves tension on the Achilles – this might be a good option for those who have Achilles issues.
- This shoe is sturdy enough to take on the trails, IMHO.
- Looks really good next to my IM sticker, IMHO.
- Price. Holy crap...these things cost $160. I have never paid that much for a running shoe and probably never will.
- Too much of a shoe for me. Even though they are lighter than previous models, they seemed bulky and just not my style. This is not to say they won’t be YOUR style, but like I said, I’m enjoying lighter more minimalist shoes these days.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: ASICS sent me the shoes for review and for the item giveaway. As always, all opinions are my own.