I just found out where I am going to be on March 9:
I’m going there to do this (thanks to Asics and the Blogger Challenge Program):
I’ve never been to Los Angeles. I think the best way to see it will be to run 26.2 miles from Dodger Stadium to the Santa Monica Pier. Sounds lovely. And, I am sure running would take far less time than trying to drive it. That is all I know about LA. Piss poor traffic situation.
I am hoping to do some celebrity sighting and stalking. In the past these people have run LA:
Alison Sweeney from Biggest Loser: 4:31
Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers: 3:41
Chef Gordon Ramsey: 3:48
Bachelor Andy Baldwin: 3:34
I only have one question: WID? (Where Is Dolvett?)
I am especially excited because rumor has it that Lindsay Lohan wants to run LA in 2014. Hmmm…there are a lot of things I could write about this, but let’s just say if she thinks running is going to cure her, who am I to argue? It cures everything, right?
Here are other things I know about this marathon:
- Average high temperature: 69 (probably slightly warmer than Colorado)
- Elevation of LA: 233 feet above sea level (yes! that means we must run downhill to the water, no?)
- Number of runners: 25,000
- Distance: 26.2 miles (I need to know this when people ask me how far the LA Marathon is. Yes, it happens)
- Number of Porta Potties: No clue, but with 25,000 people, there better be a shit load (no pun intended).
My official training (under Coach Andrew Kastor – Deena’s husband!), started this week. I kicked it off with 11.5 miles today. It feels damn good to have a plan on the wall again. I love structure. I love goals.
Any one else running the LA Marathon? Or, have you run it before?
If not, do you have a spring half marathon/marathon planned? Right now, LA is all I have on my calendar except the Cache-Teton Epic Relay in August. I’m sure I’ll be adding lots more in the near future.