1. Today I made an omelette in a coffee mug. No pan, no stove, no mess. I cannot believe I am 49 years old and have never done this before. Just goes to prove there is so much more life to live and things to learn! I mean if it's possible to create an omelette in a coffee mug, then the possibilities for other aspects of my life must be limitless.
If you want to create your own omelette, see how to do it HERE.
2. Since I had my little injury a couple of weeks back, I've changed things up a bit. Once more I have learned from my training mistakes. Lesson #1 that I seem to have to learn over and over again is:
I cannot just run. I have to mix it up. My body likes variety and balance.
So, I've been on my bike a fair amount, which has included doing annoying things like this when I reach the top of a big hill.
I've also been swimming at least once per week.
Last week shook out like this:
Running: 21 miles (8 on trails)
Biking: 25 miles
Swimming: 2,000 yards
3. I am refining my race list for this year. It's not overly extensive, but there are some biggies in there.
May 30 - Bolder Boulder 10K
June 3-4 Ragnar Trail Relay (Snowmass/Aspen)
June 18 - Leadville Trail Marathon
August 9-16 - TransRockies Run
October - Chicago Marathon (hopefully, fingers crossed).
You might remember I did the Leadville Heavy Half (15 miles) last year. It single-handely kicked my ass which is exactly why I am going back for more torture. I love a good ass kicking on the trails and nothing makes me feel more alive (except for making an omelette in a coffee mug. BOOM!)
4. In about a month or so, I'll start gearing up for the TransRockies Run. This is my solo 6 day run totaling 120 miles and climbing 20,000 feet. I will probably tell you this 1000 more times before August because it is kind of a big deal and will definitely be the toughest running thing I've done. I'm in fact wondering if it will be harder and more painful than childbirth. I would get an epidural while I'm doing it, but then I'd lose all feeling in the lower half of my body and fall down a mountain. At least I will not be pushing a watermelon out of a straw if you know what I mean.
6. We just booked a trip to Costa Rica for spring break. Flying into Liberia (west coast) and renting a condo at Playa Flamingo near Tamarindo. This cannot come soon enough. This view!
Ever been to Costa Rica? Any recommendations? Yes, we went 5 years ago, but not to this part of the country.
What race are you most excited for this year? TransRockies