The whole gym thing is just not for me, mostly because:
- I'm cheap
- I don't want to drive there
- I like being outside even if it's a snowing/raining/gusting
- Sometimes gyms, well, they smell (BO, too much perfume, farts)
- I don't like grunting people lifting weights
- I tend to fall off the equipment
Not so say the gym is a bad idea. It's just not for me. I used to go to a gym - mostly to do yoga and simply for the company of people. Maybe I'm becoming anti social in my older age.
That said, I know that there are countless reasons people love to hang at the gym.
- Accountabilty - Your gym rat friends are waiting for you. Don't let them down.
- Bathrooms nearby - Yeah, if I did go to the gym this would be reason #1. I've had far too many emergencies with not place to go.
- Protection from the weather - Because it's always about 70 degrees and dry in the gym.
- Force you to cross train - If you are paying x number of dollars a month for a gym membership, maybe you will actually cross train.
- Meet people - If you're into that sort of thing
- People watching - From fake boobs to bulges to perfect and imperfect bodies, it's all there.
- Child Care - Huge bonus if you've got little ones.
So, want to win $25 to Dick's Sporting Goods to get some new fancy workout gear (to wear to the gym or not, you decide. Or you could just get a golf shirt). Enter here. Giveaway ends 11/14. Open to US residents. You must enter a comment to enter. Good luck.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is courtesy of 24 hours gyms Pittsburgh