1. Calories burned running = calories consumed in cookies, eggnog and wine
2. You get lots of running gear under the tree because everyone thinks that is all you want. Ever. And they may be right.
3. You get to hang all your running related ornaments on the tree (even if the ornament is supposed to be you, but you don’t have brown hair or own red sweat pants or have nubs for hands or a have a smile made of a black shoelace).
4. Even runners who are in a bad mood tend to wave at you when you run on Christmas Eve.
5. You can share your family (and favorite exchange student son) with the blog world:
Thanks for spending this year with me. Looking forward to doing it again in 2015 (if I can think of anything more to write about). Merry Christmas my friends!