I still haven't decided on my fall marathon, but thanks for all of the great advice. I am trying to choose between the California Intl Marathon, the Santa Barbara Marathon or St. George...they all have pluses and minuses, so it is a matter of weighing the pros and cons.
So for the next few days, beginning tomorrow night, I will be making an effort to do the opposite of running, healthy eating and taking care of myself.
I will be in Vegas. Land of complete and total excess. Erika (BFF) and I go at least once a year, and here are our rules:
- Absolutely no exercising
- Drinking is allowed to start and stop at any time
- No going to shows and/or fancy meals. Money is to be spent playing blackjack
- No paying for drinks. Get those free at the tables.
- No giving out our phone numbers. We are married ladies after all. (although I broke this rule last year and gave out Erika's number to someone kind of scary. I am still in trouble for that one)
- No sit down meals. We can grab something on the fly between casinos
- No slots except $20 on Wheel Of Fortune
- Adopting a sugar daddy is fine as long as there are no strings attached. We are married ladies after all.
- Making up a fake name, occupation, sex is okay and can make for some good stories
So this is why I love Vegas. No clocks, no time schedules, no rules (except those above). For me, mother of two kids, PTO president, blah, blah, it is my total escape. And I know it's time to go since my 11 year old son and I got into it this a.m. when I asked him why his homework wasn't done and he told me to "mind my own business." Time to get out of dodge.
You knew I'd ask it. Where's your escape? Where do you go to completely unwind and let it all go? What are your rules, or lack thereof?