- Coffee is pre-programmed to brew
- Race bib is pinned on new running dress
- Garmin/iPod are charged
- Gel/glasses/etc on the counter
- Ankle band on on the counter (this instead of a timing chip on the shoelace) - what am I on some kind of probation?
- New songs are loaded on iPod (Black Eyed Peas, Kings of Leon, Weezer)
- Strategy is in my head: go out slow first couple of miles, then speed up, do negative splits second half. Try to hold an 8 min/mile. Hope foot doesn't give me problems. Try to PR. Cut myself some slack if I don't
- Big plate o' pasta for dinner (yeah I'm old school)
- Change of clothes for post-race in case I shit myself (you laugh..it's happened before)
- Worry that my foot hurts. Remember that what you worry about usually never happens
- Re-check the start time and the weather forecast (perfect: about 55* at the start)
My ass. It looks so f'n large and unattractive. Trying to show you the cute pockets in the back of the panties you wear underneath. I make the sacrifice for you.
Wish me luck. Nothing bad can happen when you're wearing a running dress, right?