Today I am going to Mexico. Don’t freak out and go through withdrawals if I am MIA for a few days. I’d hate to be responsible for your stress.
Going on vacation can be rough and is often full of First World Problems for me such as:
- Should I take my margarita with or without salt? I like salt, but it gets overwhelming sometimes. But then again, I need to replace my sodium! Ahhh…
- What if I have more clothes than hangars in the hotel room closet?
- Oftentimes, it is so warm on the beach that the ice in my drink melts and I have to wait 10 minutes before the drink person comes around again.
- I hate it when I order room service and then when the guy comes I have to put pants on.
- I am very pale from the Colorado winter, which means I will have to re-apply sunscreen diligently ever 2-3 hours.
- I need to work out everyday, but I only have 12 hours of free time after I sleep for 12 hours.
- I am afraid I will get to the pool, sunscreen myself, lay down with a drink and then have to poop.
- All of that fresh guacamole and salsa gives me bad breath.
- Sometimes the lime on the rim of my Corona is too large and I have trouble pushing it into the bottle.
- Too bad I’m not flying first class because then I could complain that there is too much leg room and it is hard to reach the touch screen on the TV.
Okay, don’t get your panties all in a wad. I’m joking. I’m really not that spoiled (although the room service problem is true). I just thoroughly enjoy having a few days when my problems are not really problems at all. Isn’t that what vacation is about?
Now if I get a nasty case of Montezuma’s Revenge and crap myself on the plane ride coming home because the seat belt sign is on, that truly will be a problem (and I will be sure to document each moment for you because that is what I do).
Got any spring break plans?
What’s your FWP for the week?