1. Puffs SoftPack – This is a brand spanking new item on the market and I love it. Instead of carrying around those big and bulky hard boxes of tissues or those tiny little packs, you can now use this full sized SoftPack to cram in between your car seats or in your gym bag. The package is even water resistant in case you want to take a run in the rain (if you want, go to the Puffs FB page and tell them, as a runner, how you will use these.
2. Orbit Spearmint Gum – I don’t chew gum when I’m running, but I like it most other times. I happen to enjoy Orbit gum because for some reason I can pop that gum better than other brands. I like to pop gum on airplanes, in church, in movie theaters – anywhere that I can annoy people.
3. Wild Poppy Body Spray from Bodycology – A good rule of thumb is to do your best to not smell like ass and sweat during the time between the end of your workout and your shower. Body spray, and this one in particular, can cover up a multitude of unpleasant odors until you are able to wash correctly. The travel size is only $1.99 at Target.
4. SPF 30 Sunscreen and Lip Balm – As I have matured I have foregone the baby oil and replaced it with actual sun protection. I also always wear lip balm with SPF because I get those damn icky cold sores if I don’t.
5. CYA Skirt – Often times I will run in my tights or short shorts, then head to the grocery store. In lieu of scarring other customers with my tight, short or revealing clothing, I throw on my CYA (Cover Your Ass) skirt.
6. Playtex Sport Tampons – These are the best. If you’ve ever had the experience of a tampon annoyingly descending down the canal while you are running, you know it is a very unpleasant experience. These tampons stay in place and “fit” with your body. Great for swimming too.
7. Clif Bars, Lara Bars, Jolly Ranchers, Charms Blow Pops – I can get very irritable and mean when I am hungry. I ALWAYS have a snack nearby in case of an emergency. I also love to have Jolly Ranchers and lollipops in my car for when I am driving and bored.
8. Change of Shorts – This is a no brainer. I have had far too many occasions where I needed a clean pair of shorts. I will not go into detail, but suffice it to say that running brings out the worst in some of us.
9. Beach Towel – At some point in my life I realized that it is always a good idea to have a towel with you. If you are sweaty and gross, you can use it as a liner on your car seat. If you go to an impromptu concert, you can lay down on it in the grass. If you fall into a lake you can dry yourself off. If you are dripping 45 ounces of sweat, you can sop it all up with the towel.
What other stuff do you carry in your gym bag? Any unique/odd items?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Puffs through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Puffs, all opinions are my own.