Ken and I started our Thanksgiving the best way – by doing a double date 10 mile trail run with our friends, Tom and Joie (sorry, for whatever reason I have no pictures of them. Maybe they are my imaginary friends because I don’t have any friends).
It was windy and the trails were very icy and snow packed in places, but I couldn’t have been happier.
No-shave November and his woman who has a large as shit hamstring:
Happiness is new trail shoes.
So, I stole this off of HRG’s blog, but I thought it was fun little survey. I love these because I always learn things about other people I didn't know.
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
1. Hon (Ken calls me this always. I hate it when he calls me “Beth.” I feel like I’m in trouble).
2. Mommy (my 17 year old calls me this when he needs something).
3. Bitch (other drivers on the road call me this)
4. Bethie (best friend Erika calls me this)
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Cashier – 7-11 (don’t be jealous. It’s really fun to come home smelling like a big bite)
2. Black Jack dealer (perhaps the coolest job I’ve ever had)
3. Waitress (too many times to count)
4. House cleaner
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Forrest Gump
3. Christmas Vacation
4. Christmas Shoe
Four books I’d recommend:
1. Gap Creek
2. Finding Ultra
3. The Tender Bar
4. Power of Now
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Chicago, IL (I was born there. Lived there until I was 5)
2. Athens, Greece
3. Paris (France, not Texas)
4. Columbia, MD
Four places I’ve visited:
1. Costa Rica
2. Loch Ness (northern part of Scotland where the monster is)
Four things I prefer not to eat:
1. Dog food
2. Dog poop
3. Jelly donuts
Four of my favorite foods:
1. My mom’s chicken and dumplings
3. Chipotle bowl
4. Eggs Benedict
Four TV shows I watch
1. Biggest Loser
2. True Detective
3. Walking Dead
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
1. Christmas with Antoni, our exchange student
2. Doing my first ultra (maybe?)
3. Teaching a parenting class at the YWCA
4. Playing Cards Against Humanity because I never have
Four things I’m always saying:
1. I farted
2. I’m cold
3. At the end of the day…(just kidding, I hate that expression)
4. Please put your damn dishes in the dishwasher
Your turn. Consider yourself tagged and let me know a bit more about you (in the comments or leave a link to your blog post).
Have an incredible Thanksgiving!
She clearly had too much turkey. Why can't dogs pace themselves?