Hmmm…is this a hand or a foot? Well, you can tell it’s my foot because of that crazy long second toe.
These are multi tasking socks. Why? Well, they…
- Look good, and highlight long, fingerish toes. You know what Confucius says: “He who has long toes sits in own pew” – no wait, that’s he who farts in church. Sorry.
- Provide ultimate compression from end of long toe to top of calf
- Give each toe its own compartment, which helps prevent blisters
- Have superior “moisture management”, which basically means all of your bodily fluids are effectively absorbed (well, maybe not all of them…but the ones that count)
- Properly aligns toes, which can contribute to better overall posture and balance
See? I am balancing quite well.
Don’t even pretend you don’t run around your house. And, then stretch on the banister. Yes, this is a stretch all of the elite athletes do.
Injinji does not just provide compression socks. There are everyday socks, trail socks, running socks, and even yoga socks (toe less available as well). All socks come in different weights (lightweight to mid weight to suit your needs). They run anywhere from $10 to $38 (compression) per pair.
I’ve worn these socks (both compression and regular running socks) on several long runs, regular length runs and trail runs. The toe thing takes a bit getting used to, but once I start running I forget about it completely. One con of these socks is that I don’t recommend wearing them in sub 30 degree temperatures. Just like with gloves vs. mittens, when your toes are split up, they do not provide warmth to one another. My toes got quite cold while wearing these on a 25 degree trail run last week.
So, do you want some socks or what? Injinji is offering a bundle of at least four pairs of socks (assorted) to one winner.
To enter (comment for each):
- Go check out Injinjis new website (required) and let me know +1 entry
- Tell me what kind of running sock you currently wear +1 entry
- Facebook, blog or twat about this giveaway +1 entry
Giveaway closes on Monday 1/28.
Fine Print: I received my socks courtesy of Injinji. I was asked by Injinji to provide a link to their newly launched website in exchange for the giveaway items.