I did my first installment of favorite things in March. I loved it so much I am doing it again. One of my favorite things is doing a favorite things list. Do not mistake the SUAR “favorite things” for the Oprah “favorite things.” There will be no screaming, passing out or giving away of free stuff.
Here are this month’s faves:
1. These sweat pants. Because everyone needs little Shut Up and Run on their ass.
2. Skinny Girl Margarita. Have you tried this? I’m not a fan of the super syrupy sweet margaritas, so this is welcome change. Although I’d prefer a home made drink, this is a decent substitute. Tart, light. The perfect summer cocktail. Downside: not many liquor stores in our area carry it yet, and it’s pricey at $13 for a 750 ml bottle. 100 calories for a 4 oz serving, but who drinks only 4 oz?
3. “The Gift of an Ordinary Day.” When you have 8 minutes and a giant box of Kleenex, settle in for this gem:
4. This tank top from Twist Yoga Wear. Stacia was so sweet to send me this as a “congrats” gift after Boston. Love her. Thinking I’ll wear it for the Bolder Boulder 10K at the end of May. If you want to order one, click HERE.
5. These shorts from Forever 21. Because a girl has to pretend she two and a half decades younger than she really is. I love these. And they were $9.80. Warning: these are the kind of shorts where one needs to beware of camel toe.
6. My new post run snack – whole wheat tortilla with Nutella and peanut butter. Layer on the PB then the Nutella - THICK. Wrap it up and pretend you’re smoking it, then it it.
7. Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. Supposedly this stuff penetrates the hair shaft (that’s what she said), restoring shine and softness while strengthening. Argan oil protects from styling heat and UV damage while creating soft, seductive, silky perfection. I got mine at Walgreens for $7.99. Smells simply divine.
8. Dunkin’ Donuts coffee from Costco. Pre-ground. 40 oz for $19.99. Now all I need is a Muchkin machine.
9. “The” Boston Jacket. ‘Nuf said:
10. Odwalla Choco-Walla Bars. I’ve had Odwalla bars in the past and haven’t been impressed. These were in my schwag bag from Boston and are very tasty. Not quite a brownie, but they have huge chunks of dark chocolate in them. A great afternoon snack or pre-run treat packing 210 calories, 39 grams carbs and 4 grams of protein. They sell them at my grocery store for $1.00/piece.
12. Lastly!! These tickets. Emma wanted to go so badly. I was a mean mom and told her it sold out, when I had really bought tickets through Stub Hub before they all disappeared. She cried. On her birthday my friend Joie and I dressed up in blond wigs and cowboy hats, serenaded her and gave her the tickets. I would show you the video, but it could be used against me. Mom of the year, right here.
Got any new faves this month? Do tell!