I try to stay pretty upbeat, but there are days when enough little things happen that you end up in a bad mood. It’s okay to be in a bad mood if you don’t take it out on babies and you basically keep it to yourself. Except if you have a blog and like to wallow a bit because someone out there will understand or take pity. Or, they will talk behind your back and leave a nasty anonymous comment. Yes, I do realize these are First World Problems and that people have it much worse than I do. But, that doesn’t mean I can’t have my own experience about things and still be compassionate and sensitive to other things that go on in the world.
So, people, let’s VENT our heads off:
- I miss my dog. That is all. I miss him when I get up and he doesn’t greet me. I miss him when I don't see him laying beside me while I type. I miss him when it is his dinnertime and he is not driving me bat shit crazy with his barking. I miss him when I want a break from work and I can’t lie down with him for a minute. I miss him every single time I come in the door and forget he is not here and have to re-live his passing over again. The water bowl is almost empty by the way.
- I don’t like banks. They charge ridiculous fees for nothing except to charge fees when they know you can’t do anything about it. Except make a stink and change your bank which is a royal pain in the ass.
- I got to yoga late and had to not only be in the first row of the class, but had to be a bit in front of the instructor, towards the mirror. At least it wasn’t this type of situation:
- This is the first December in forever that I can remember in Colorado where there is no snow on the ground. Don’t get me wrong, it is colder than a witch's tit, but the weather people promised snow and it never came and why are they always wrong? I love snow and I moved to Colorado because I prefer seeing snow to the brown ground, and I count on snow in freaking December and at Christmas time. Here is one weather man pose I do like (that’s one ballsy weather front moving in):
- I made our Christmas cards a few weeks back and for whatever reason did not include Lucky in the pictures. Why, I don’t know. I think I was rushed and so focused on getting enough pictures of the four of us, that I neglected him. Now that he is gone, I wish I had put him at the top of the tree and I feel terrible about it.
Okay, glad I got that off my chest. Now it’s your turn to vent your head off. What put you in a bad mood today? Or, if you are feeling all bright and cheery, tell me why and I’ll turn my frown upside down!! (<hah! I have never in my life said that, I just now felt like a pre-school teacher).