1. Race #1: I ran a 5K this morning. Sometimes it’s fun to run fast. But, then sometimes at mile 1.5 when you feel like you want to puke and die you remember that you don't like 5Ks very much.
The course was short by .1, but I got a 21:30 (7:12 mile/min pace), which is good for me. The last 2 miles I was running right behind a girl who I would guess was 10 years old. She was very speedy. I was impressed, but then got annoyed because every time I tried to pass her, she would deliberately cut me off. She did this about 90 times. She was pretty cute and I liked her competitive spirit, so I let it slide.
2. Splurge: Ken and I went to the grocery store and farmer’s market afterwards for a splurge (Heidi loves donuts):
This was hands down the best almond croissant I’ve ever had (have I ever told you that almond croissants are my favorite pastry ever?). It was from a bakery called Izzios.
3. Stirrups: At the grocery store I ran into the doctor who delivered my babies. Kind of weird to have small talk with the one who has seen you screaming while in stirrups.
4. Kids: We got home and Ken asked why I threw away all the Oreos. What is he talking about? I looked in the trash and found this:
Yes, apparently in middle of the night one of my blessed children licked the white stuff out of the middle of many Oreos and threw the rest away. I don’t even know what to say. This has got to be the epitome of being spoiled and wasteful. And childish! (although it is something I might do. I would just hide the evidence a bit better).
5. Farts: Someone sent me a link to a new study that found that smelling farts may prevent cancer. This is very good news as we apparently do a lot of cancer prevention around here with the number of farts that are expelled. I want everyone to know that I fart because I am trying to save lives (I need that on a bumper sticker).
6. Race #2: I am on my way to Boulder to pick up my packet for the Boulder Peak Triathlon, which is tomorrow. Who is racing with me?
What is the most exasperating thing your kids did this week?