When I was checking out at the grocery store today the cashier commented on my orange juice. “Did you know you can use this container to water your flowers with? It is like a little watering can!” Well, hot dang if she’s not right!
Pretend that there is a little parade of flower pots at my feet, not a carpet.
It is too cold to go outside and pretend to be watering in the snow.
This got me to thinking about all the everyday items (or bodily fluids) that have multiple uses we aren’t even aware of:
- Getting ready to go for a swim, but need a pubic clean up? Olive oil can be used as a replacement for shaving cream. I have not tried this. You try first and tell me how it goes.
- Have a smelly gym bag? Throw in a dyer sheet to freshen it up. Then your gym bag will smell like Downy with a hint of jock strap and sweat.
- A banana (we runners have millions of those around) can be used to clean your CDs.
- Use baking soda to settle an upset stomach. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with a half cup of water and drink. Then throw up and you will stop thinking about your unsettled stomach.
- Use a condom to waterproof your electronic device on a long run.
- Why spend big bucks on Body Glide when Vaseline can be used to prevent chafing (duh)? It will also hopefully prevent you from getting in the shower and crying like a little girl when the water hits your chafed nether regions.
- Washing your face with urine can keep you looking youthful and smooth. I have been doing this for years and I bet you didn’t know I am really 96 years old, not 46. Just kidding. I have not done this, so please let me know how it works out for you (find other creative uses for urine HERE).
- Tampons (unused) make wonderful kindling for a fire. They can also be used to stop bleeding if you receive a gunshot wound, but hopefully you don’t run in those kinds of neighborhoods.
- In a pinch, a runner (or hiker or cyclist) could use the cottony part of a tampon as additional insulation in their gloves. (I did not make this up. Someone else did).
What’s a clever/outrageous way you use an everyday household item? I did wash my hair with mayo once because it was supposed to make it silky smooth. Nope, it just made me smell like a sandwich.
Ever tried any of the above? Would you ever try any of the above? The condom thing is actually not a bad idea, but I’d more likely use a zip lock bag. I’ll probably stick with Oil of Olay instead of trying urine.