- I ran 16.18 miles today. It was supposed to be 20. The cock-six (tailbone) hurt. STILL. It’s been 10 days since I fell down the stairs and injured it. I figured better to stop early than to run the ol’ cock-six into the ground (sounds dirty) before my marathon in 18 days.
- I farted in Target and ran into the shoe aisle.
- Ken and I just started binge watching Mad Men on Netflix. How have we not watched it until now? Oh, and by the way, the 2nd season of Orange Is The New Black starts on June 6, 2014. You’re welcome.
- Yesterday a woman at the gym (who does childcare, she wasn’t working out) was having a heart attack as I left the building. I sat with her until the paramedics came. Scary. I was relieved I didn’t have to use my CPR skills. I’m always nervous I won’t know what to do. Hopefully she is okay.
- My brother lives in Kiev, Ukraine with his family. If you watch the news, you know why I’m worried.
- It’s an early birthday for me as I got two surprises in the mail today:
A case of X2 Performance (which I now swear by with my training). Dave Scott just partnered with X2. Pretty cool:
And, a SWEET care package from Clif Bar (why do my kids think Shot Bloks are for their dining pleasure? Kids – they are not gummy bears!). If I look like hell that is because I am in a long run coma. I’m really excited to try the recovery drink.
- The freaky baby made a surprise appearance in the pantry. I actually hid it in there then ended up scaring myself. (isn’t it fun to look in people’s pantries? So random: peanut butter, seaweed, Luna Bars, Girl Scout cookies, parmesan cheese, and soy nuts).
- I read this book. You’d think as a social worker I’d have heard it all, but I am always astounded by choices some parents make. Memoirs are my favorite genre and this one did not disappoint.
Now it’s your turn.
Best book you’ve read this month? This one ^^^^
Have you ever had to do CPR on someone? No
Best series you have watched recently? Homeland Season 2 and now Mad Men
Tell me 3 random things in your pantry. I told you.