I admit. I'm a sucker for these questionnaires that let me be self indulgent and tell people things about me that they probably never wanted to know. The flip side of that is that I love reading other people's answers. C'mon this is why I scored a big fat "E" on the Myer's Briggs. Can you say extrovert? I get my energy from people. I also think it is fun to disclose information that might give people pause or has an outrageous edge. So here's the newest taking from www.skinnyrunner.com:
The rules are: 1.) fill it out 2.) change one question with one of your own 3.) add an additional question 4.) then send it to 3 people.
1. What are your current obsessions? Obsession is kind of strong word, but if you mean the things I'm sort of hooked on, that would be running, blogging, Biggest Loser, the book "The Coldest Winter Ever," coffee (my latest craze/splurge is a grande Starbucks latte, no frills), trying to discover a career path, chardonnay (Kendall Jackson is a fave), planning my next big girls' escape to Vegas.
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? I'd have to say my cropped running tights. Still to cold for shorts, too warm for full on tights.
3. Last thing you bought for myself? Tampons at a store in Mexico. Seriously. I had toxic shock syndrome and am not supposed to wear them, so I never have any with me. We were getting ready to swim with the dolphins when the need for a tampon became apparent. I didn't know if dolphins were like bears and would be attracted to "the visitor" so I started asking (in sign language since I don't speak Spanish; you can imagine my gestures) where I could buy tampons. Finally found some. Only $5 for ten. What a rip off! Remind me to start a tampon export business. There is good money in this apparently.
4. What’s for dinner? Easy Meatless Manicotti. Cooking Light recipe.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: No one tagged me. I'm a loser. I'm just doing this on my own volition.
6. What is one item you could not live without? Item, as in something material, not a person? I'd prefer to not live without good books, my coffee maker, my pillow, Tivo and an assortment of other things, but if push came to shove I could do it as long as I had family and friends.
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Morocco. Easter Islands. Greece again and again.
8. Three things to do before you die: See my kids marry and meet my grand kids; skydive; celebrate 50 years with my husband.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? Too personal.
10. What’s your favourite smell? Lillies.
11. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Coconut ice cream in Mexico. Creamy coconut ice cream with big flakes of coconut in a sugar cone.
12. Care to share some wisdom? "To thine own self be true." You can never go wrong with that one.
13. My added question: What do you do to avoid doing the things you should be doing? Blogging, checking emails, talking on the phone, laying on the floor with the dog.
14. Talk about one regret in your life? Not following through with the Peace Corps. I got in and was supposed to go to West Africa (Mali) but fell in love and didn't want to leave the man who is now my husband. I never would give Ken up, but think I could have gone away for two years and he would have still been here. Essentially could have had my cake and eaten it too.
15. What do you have an addiction to? Is this different from obsession question #1? My answers are likely the same. The computer and wine are probably my most basic addictions.
I'm asking anyone and everyone to complete this. Just for fun if you want.