Do you ever wonder if running is taking over your life? It might be if you:
- Plan your poops around your runs (to avoid a mess in the drawers or a roadside crap)
- See or hear the word "marathon" anywhere and perk right up even if it's referring to a series of shows in a row on TV (ergo - a "Christmas Story " marathon)
- Disappear when your new issue or Runner's World comes (maybe you're in the crapper pretending to poop or maybe you're combining the pre-run poop with some good reading)
- Gravitate towards and feel a kinship with anyone who runs. Even if they are five years old.
Me? This is how I know running has taken over my life. Without even trying or thinking about it, my Christmas list turned into this (yes, I still have a Christmas list. Ken and I still buy gobs of stuff for each other on Christmas and birthdays. There is nothing like saying "I love you" by spending tons of money on crap):
1. Subscription to Women's Running Magazine
I am a woman and I run, so seemed appropriate
2. Book: Brain Training for Runner's
So I can get my brain on board with my upcoming marathon training and marathon running. In case you didn't know, the mind is a powerful thing.
3. Capri Running Tights
I only have one pair. They smell.
4. Cheetah Running Skirt from RunningSkirts with matching headband
5. Stability Ball
My new thing is this: just like how you wear crap clothes all day everyday, but then you go to a party and dress up? I am going to wear crap running clothes every time I run, but when it comes to races I am going to KILL IT with my outfits. Yes, I'm going to dress up. NEVER in a costume, mind you, but just in cute running clothes. Why? I don't know. It's just something to do and maybe it will make me faster. And we all know cheetahs are fast. To go with this sweet outfit I might also get a cheetah on my Betty. (JK).
Do you see a common theme here? It's all about the running. All of it.
What's on your list?
Drinking: Starbucks Christmas Blend
Number of times I used the word "crap" in this post: 6