I got an email from Liz Steinhardt on behalf of the American Cancer Society this week. ACS is launching a new “Choose You Healthy Lifestyle” movement to encourage women to put their own health first and to make choices to help prevent cancer.
I know I joke a lot on this blog about running, pooping and the like, but one of the real reasons I run is to stay fit and healthy. I like fighting age the old fashioned way through
botox, boob job exercise, good eating, sound sleeping, laughter and an adventurous spirit.
According to the ACS, “about half of all cancer deaths could be prevented if people maintained a healthy weight through diet and regular exercise; avoided tobacco products; and got recommended cancer screening tests.”
People! That means you! If you knew you could cut your risks by 50 percent, shouldn’t you go for it? I know I am preaching to the choir here because most of you are already leading pretty damn healthy lifestyles, but is there anything you could do better? Is there anyone you could encourage to lead a healthier lifestyle?
Liz offered to send me a “Choose You Get Healthy Gift Bag”* if I would promote this movement on my blog. Hell yeah! And she said she would give me a second one to give away to one lucky reader.
I wasn’t sure what would be involved in this mystery gift bag and she didn’t specify. Would it be a coupon to Subway and a fake Bic lighter? Some tofu and a box of red wine?
Today, I got this secret gift bag via FedEx and was quite impressed by the contents:
- One $50 gift card to Walgreen’s (sweet, right?)
- One very cool Choose You turquoise t-shirt (I put it on my one-eyed, three legged dog for your viewing enjoyment. Better than taking a picture of it on the counter)
- One sleek Choose You 25 oz water bottle
- Two pens (one from Sprite Zero, the other “Choose You”)
- One flower hair clip (I just gave mine to my daughter; not my style unless I go to Hawaii)
- One Choose You flower pin – a symbol of ACS’s new health movement to inspire women to put their health first and to make healthy lifestyle choices to prevent cancer
- Coupon for a free Sprite Zero
Interested in getting your hands on this schwag? If so, do one or all of the following:
- Leave me a comment telling me how you maintain a healthy lifestyle (+1)
- Leave a second comment telling me which healthy habit you would like to adopt right now and forever more (+1)
- Spread the word on your own blog about this giveaway and leave me a comment letting me know (+1)
Each should be a separate comment.
Remember – this giveaway is not limited to women only. Guys – you could always use the $50 to Walgreens for condoms or a jock strap. Enter for your mom, your sister, your wife, your daughter!!
I’ll pick a winner on May 27, 2010. The goods will be sent to you directly from Choose You and ACS.
Because I know you are wondering – what new healthy habit am I going to adopt??? It’s a VERY COOL one and you can do it too. It is environmentally supportive, tasty, extremely healthy, out of my comfort zone, and affordable. Think you know what it is? I will talk about it in a future blog post, so stay tuned.
Well, I’m off to the land of hoes (not the garden tool variety), no clocks/windows, porn and really nice hotels first thing Saturday morning. Yep, VEGAS baby. I am planning to run a few miles on the strip because I’ve always wanted to do this. I might do it in the nude because:
- What happens in Vegas…(if one more person says this to me, I’ll kick them in the nuts)
- Anything goes in this town. At the very least I’ll sport the cheetah skirt (and braids for Steve Q).
More next week post-Vegas, if I’m still alive.
*These gift bags are courtesy of the American Cancer Society. I paid nothin’ for them.