16 and hours counting until:
- One prop plane
- 15 minutes of climbing
- 15 minutes of praying
- 17,500 feet
- Me crying
- Me trembling
- 1 open airplane door
- 1 instructor strapped to my back
strong pushlight shove out the door
- 1 minute of free falling at 130 mph
- 4 minutes of serene and calm parachuting over the Rockies
- 11 friends and family waiting on the ground
- Me kissing the ground, or maybe making love to it
- 1 very major fear – CONQUERED!
Will I chicken out? Stay tuned.
And…a big shout out to Devon and Outside PR. She kept Ken and the kids entertained while I ran with Dean Karnazes for over four hours last month. During that time, Sam mentioned how he wanted to try the new mandarin orange GU (hint, hint). Fast forward to this week when Sam received a large FedEx envelope overflowing with orange GU and various flavors of Chomps including the new watermelon! Also this note (sorry, it got ripped in all of his 12 year old boy excitement, but you can figure it out):
Outside PR rocks!
Pray for me.