Today I’m headed to Denver for the first day of the Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference. I received a scholarship from Refuel with Chocolate Milk, who is a sponsor for this event – so a huge thanks to the chocolate milk folks for their support!
I attended this conference last year in Boulder with these four studs. This time, I am on my own. I will try not to cry out of sheer loneliness. After all, I will be surrounded by other hip bloggers. I hope they talk to me.
The location for this year’s conference has moved to the new Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, which apparently will cause all of us fitness buffs to go into orgasmic fits.
Some of the highlights:
- Research labs and equipment for cutting-edge scientific studies on nutrition and wellness
- State-of-the-art fitness facility, including classes, running track, aquatics and degreed fitness professionals
- Human performance training and sports nutrition led by Dr. Iñigo San Millán, a world leader in exercise physiology
- A bistro that will serve healthy food, available for eat-in, take-out or delivery
- Classes and cooking workshops on healthy diets with leading nutritionists and endocrinologists
- Connective wellness services, including weight management and nutrition services, disease prevention programs, massage therapy, mindfulness training, acupuncture and wellness education.
After I slough my kids off on a good friend, I’ll be heading down to catch some morning sessions hosted by FitFluential (also a sponsor of the conference). I am an ambassador for FitFluential, but am still learning about what they do and how I can best be involved with these guys. I will say that FF is an amazing platform to connect bloggers with lots of exciting brands and opportunities. It is also a wonderful community of like minded fitness enthusiasts! So, if you haven’t checked them out yet, get the hell on it!
Jill is coming to meet me for lunch at the fancy Bistro located in the center. I’m excited because I haven’t seen this girl in far too long.
I’m looking forward to an afternoon of learning about the science behind achieving and maintaining fitness and some breakout sessions on healthy cooking and more information on how athletes are tested for performance (VO2 Max, lactate threshold, heart rates, etc.). You may remember I did performance testing with Dr. Inigo San Millan last year. Dr. San Millan will be speaking at the conference today and now works at the Human Performance Lab at Anschutz.
Tomorrow this is lots more cool stuff on tap, but I won’t be there as I’ll be racing and dying of heat exhaustion at the Lake to Lake Olympic triathlon – it’s supposed to be 100 degrees here tomorrow. Shut up and sweat your balls off. Anyway, I’ll be back at the conference for the Sunday sessions.
I never know what to wear. You’d think I’d be over that issue by now since I’m 45. They said dress casually or look like you want to work out. This is what I came up with (very exciting for sure), but I will leave the toilet at home:
I always hang out in the bathroom with my foot on the toilet.
I guess I can break out into a moon walk or sprint to the bathroom if needed.
Have you ever attended a blogging focused conference? Or would you have any interest?
Ever had your Vo2 Max, lactate threshold, etc. tested? I have only been tested on the bike. Would love to try testing on the treadmill.
More to come…