First of all, I have to apologize about the number of pictures of me in this post. It’s gross, over-indulgent and narcissistic. So, here’s a picture of someone else to balance it out:
Oh my God, do not even get me started on this Honey Boo Boo thing. Who is she and why is she on TV? The only redeeming thing about that show is that they all fart and farts are funny.
I was tagged by Dimity and Sarah at Another Mother Runner to answer the following questions. I love posts like this. Not so much writing them, but reading other people’s answers. We bloggers are all so fascinating and humble. We also hate talking about ourselves!
1. Best run ever - when I lost my marathon virginity on January 18, 2009, in Phoenix, Arizona. I was timid and scared and embarrassed to do it in front of so many people. Yes, it did hurt – much more than people told me it would. But, in the end I was just a little bit sore and felt much more grown up.
2. Three words that describe my running – gassy, consistent, purposeful.
4. Quirky habit while running - giving people the finger.
5. Morning, midday, evening – always morning unless I’m running a 30 hour relay or the Rock ‘n Roll Vegas.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s – dark. I will and have run in all sorts of weather, but I don’t run in the dark for safety reasons.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Stress fracture in my left hip in 2010. I got over it by running in the damn pool for 2 months. Bad memories, but it worked and I made friends with the ladies doing water aerobics (pussy posse).
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when –I ran with Dean Karnazes as my partner for the first stage of the Trans Rockies Run (21 miles). Yes, this was three years ago and yes I am going to bring it up forever. Is there a statute of limitations on this type of thing? I’m sure he answers this question the same way because he fell in love with me that day and even though he never calls or writes, I know he is feeling it every moment.
Here is Dean admiring the vein in his arm.
Here is Dean cheering because I am running beside him and he has a crush on me.
9. Next race is - The Denver Rock and Roll Half on September 22 with Team Refuel.
10. Potential running goal for 2013 – No clue. I have all sorts of crap swirling around in my brain. Everything from another marathon, to an ultra to an Ironman to laying on the couch and eating pixie sticks. I don’t plan ahead that far.
Consider yourself tagged and steal these questions for your own post.
Or, answer one or more of the question in the comments section of this post.
Best run ever?
Three words that describe your running?
Your go-to running outfit?
Quirky habit while running?
Morning, midday, evening?
I won’t run outside when it’s ____________
Worst injury—and how you got over it.
I felt most like a badass mother runner when _________
Next race is __________
Potential running goal for 2013?