It’s no secret that I love running and I love races.
But, there is one race I don’t think I’d ever consider. Please don’t call me a prude, because you know I’m not (hello! I once took a crap in a tree). I just wouldn’t be comfortable doing a…
Someone on my Shut Up and Run Facebook page asked if I’d ever done a post on nude races. Um, no. He said he had done a nude race last weekend. I told him to send me a mini race report of experiences that “stuck out” (hahaha!) during the race so I could share it and see what people thought. He never did that. He did tell me the race was called “Woodstock” (of course it was!) and that he would send me pictures but I couldn't use them on the blog because he was naked.
NO dude please don’t send me those pictures! No, no, no. Not okay.
Which brings up a point. Do you think these races have photographers? What a job that would be! “Wait, could you slow down??!! Stuff is giggling too much.” “Hold on! That’s 29 circumcised, 12 uncircumcised.” “Wow, Grandma’s had a boob job. Everything else is sagging but the breasts are standing at attention.”
And another point – how do you pin on race bibs? I guess that’s what Sharpies are for.
Here’s why I don’t think I could bare to run a nude race:
- I’d be too distracted and giggly the whole time. When I was 16, I went to a nude beach in Greece and watched men playing volleyball. I’ve never gotten over it.
- I don't want my stuff hanging out. I just don’t. I didn’t grow up in a culture where I walked around naked in front of strangers. It would be weird for me.
- Let’s face it. There are so many cute running clothes these days, why go without?
- Although I’m sure people espouse this type of race saying its really liberating and feels good to have the air rush by all of their body parts, this is not something I’ve ever craved.
- And most of all – I simply do not want to see other’s private stuff. Getting back to that nude beach in Greece – what I realized is that 99% of people who were nude on that beach were not of the center fold Playboy model caliber. There is a reason we all wear clothes. Some stuff is just not that pretty.
Other things I won’t be doing nude:
Ever been on a nude run/beach/resort? Yes on the beach. But, I was not nude. I just gawked at others with my naked eye.
Would you ever consider running a race naked? Why or why not? No. See above.