This just may be a new little segment on SUAR. “Favorite things.” Lately I’ve found so many things I can’t live without. I love it when other bloggers highlight stuff they love, so thought I would too.
1. Running on Empty by Marshall Ulrich, famed ultra runner. It will be released April 14 and I suggest you snag a copy. I will be giving one away on the blog when I do my official review on that day. I’ve read tons of running books, but this one highlights the mental aspect of running unlike any other book I’ve read. “All endurance sports are about continuing on when it feels like you have nothing left, when everything aches, when you feel done – but you’re not.” Plus, you look good reading it in the tub. Marhall’s FB link is HERE and his website is HERE if you want to check it out.
2. This shirt. You see me wear it all the time. Yes, I do wash it after 95 wearings. It is the “twist top” from Athleta. It is the perfect running shirt. Fits snuggly, wicks moisture and looks kick ass. It is on sale right now for $49.99 (down from $69.99). Also comes in red and blue.
3. Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in champagne color. I have this stuff in my purse and in my car. I always have it on. It has a slight shimmer to it, moistens the lips and has that tiny tingle that excites me.
4. Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thins – I know these have been out for awhile, but I hadn’t tried the cinnamon raisin until the other day at Costco. Toasted with a slight shmear of cream cheese is heavenly. At 110 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 25 grams of carbs, they are the perfect pre-run snack or breakfast. Plus, they don’t make me have to poop on runs.
5. Big Star Jeans. I found these at Nordstrom Rack. They usually go for about $105, but I got them for $49. They have the tiniest bit of stretch and are low rise. They are very classy for someone like me who still wears Wranglers. Well, not really, but you get the picture.
This was my attempt at my first butt self portrait:
6. Kayak.com. Best place hands down to compare flight, hotel, vacation package costs. Draws from the major travel sites like Travelocity, Expedia, etc. In the past couple months I have booked trips to Vegas, Boston and Costa Rica. This site has been invaluable! Just note that some airlines like Southwest are not represented.
7. Charms Blow Pops – I drive a lot for my job. It is these lollipops that get me through the long hauls and the traffic. No I am not a long distance truck driver but what with my potty mouth and cussing I should be.
I love these pops because just when you think you’re done, surprise! A little wad of gum. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving. I recommend stealing them out of your kids’ trick or treat bags. Yes, we still have candy left. I am a witch and ration it piece by piece day by day. They eventually get so bored with my rules and the candy gets so stale that they forget about it.
8. These shoes. Read review HERE.
9. This necklace. My friend Carolyn gave it to me for my birthday and I haven’t taken it off since. “b” could be for “beth” or “bitch” or “best friend” or “boston” or “butt thunder queen.” Don’t diss that hole in my neck. I swear I’ve never had a trache. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
1o. No-stem wineglasses. It’s no secret I love my wine. These are from Crate and Barrel and run for $4.50 a piece. You can get them cheaper at Kohls. I actually bought a set of these for Ken for Christmas, but I like to buy other people gifts that are really for me. It’s a win/win.
What’s one of your favorite things? And if you say “raindrops on roses” I’ll shoot you dead.