These days pick up any magazine, watch any news show, talk to any doctor/therapist/professional, and you are told what you should do and how you should do it.
Drink more water! Eat more fiber! Sleep 8 hours! It’s stinking impossible to follow all the rules.
So, I don’t. Let’s face it. I’m not perfect and it takes way too much work to be that way. Some things have to go and I’m not going to feel badly about it unless it is going to kill me, hurt someone else or send me to jail for life.
Here are ten confessions that were so easy to come up with I’m sure there are a lot more:
- I always drive ten miles over the speed limit. I’ve only had one speeding ticket in my whole life. And a few warnings.
- I spend a lot of time on my computer working and blogging, but tell my kids they can’t. Double standard? Maybe. I’m an adult, they are not. Life isn’t always fair.
- I never walk my dog. Just let him out back. He can’t walk that far anyway on three legs.
- I don’t drink 64 oz of water a day. Not sure how many I drink, but it’s not enough.
- I pick my cuticles and chew the inside of my cheek. Nerves I guess.
- I don’t floss. Maybe once a month. Gross, I know. I usually lie at the dentist.
- I eat way after 7pm. Like up until 9pm at least. Candy, pita chips, popcorn.
- My library books are always overdue. I have an overdue fee of $4.70 right now.
- I don’t always stretch after I run or do my PT exercises.
- I didn’t shower after I ran yesterday and went right to my massage. I ran out of time. I used Huggies wipes in the car to clean up on the way there.
How do you break the rules?
Let’s get the ball rolling and be real. You are all tagged. Post about it on your blog under “Ten Ways I Break the Rules”. Or, just leave me a comment. It’s fun to confess.