So what if it’s 1:58 p.m. and I’m still in my pajamas? People who use crutches should be allowed to:
- Stay in their PJs all day
- Drop f-bombs rapidly and frequently
- Hit or poke people or dogs with a crutch if they get in the way
- Drink alcohol in copious amounts
- Park in handicapped spots
- Get any Starbucks drink they want for free
- Elicit sympathy from everyone (Fedex guy, cops, etc), not just their mom (thanks for the apple pie, mom).
- Decorate their crutches
I’m going to endorse the Urban Dictionary’s definition of crutches:
Deathly pre-evolved devices with the purpose of aiding one with an injured leg, knee, ankle, etc. May cause drowsiness, sweating, and result in massive upper-body strength. Ultimately, makes one look like a badass god/goddess capable of surviving any difficult circumstance.
I really like the goddess/badass part.
Here’s the thing. If I can sit here with crutches by my side and a fractured hip in my body and still make a commitment to a fitness goal, so can you. In fact, I am so sure you can do this, that….
In honor of Jared (Subway guy) running his first marathon in NYC in November, Subway wants to give one of you up to $100 towards your own fitness challenge of your choice. This can be anything ranging from a race entry fee, a new class you want to try (Zumba? Tai Chi?), hiring a fitness coach of some sort, you name it. So, think about how you might want to Commit to Fit, especially if you had $100 to apply towards your goal.
Me? Duh! My $100 is going towards registering for the Boston Marathon on Monday.
Here’s how to enter (comment for each):
- Tell me what you would put your $100 of towards (this needs to be an activity you are committed to completing as a fitness challenge, not food, clothing, ipods, watches, etc) +1 entry
- Write about this giveaway on your blog, FB, Twitter, etc. +1 entry
- Follow this blog or let me know if you do already + 1 entry
- Enter Subway’s FB sweepstakes HERE and let me know + 1 entry
This giveaway will end on 10/20.
The fine print:
For more information about the Commit to Fit program and for a chance to win up to $26,200 please visit the Subway Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Subway.
Here’s to getting fit,