I won EMZ’s contest because I am crude. If you were all more crude and inappropriate you might win things too. She asked readers to give a comment on her toe situation:
Is it a sick thing that it took me one millisecond to write this?
This has now been coined “tampon toe” which I hear is an epidemic in certain cities. It is a way to be more “green” and less wasteful if you are into that.
Other advantages of being crude involved getting fired from jobs and kicked out of clubs (not clubs as in bars, but clubs as in glee, etc.). In 7th grade I was in the Hula Club (because everyone needs to learn this skill). I got kicked out because of my “potty mouth.” I know you find that surprising. But you may also find it comforting that I have been this way my entire life, so some things do not change. The funny thing about me is I am not mean spirited. I actually have a really big heart, ask anyone. I am a social worker who finds good homes for orphans for God’s sake!
Other surprising things about me (if you care):
- This blog was first called “Run With Me.” I changed it to “Shut Up and Run” after the first month. Good call.
- I’ve never seen the Sound of Music
- When my first child was a baby, I felt completely inadequate as a mother (still have these moments)
- I don’t have a favorite color
- The first time I left the country was when I was 12 and I moved to Greece for 4 years
- I was miserable in 11th and 12th grades. HATED it. Dressed like a dork, bad hair, didn’t belong.
- I’ve been in two earthquakes
- I hate it when people quote from Monty Python movies (Emz, Jason, SR, Aron, XLMIC, Dolvett, etc - don’t even think about doing this in Vegas).
- I cry at race finish lines every.single.time
- I went to high school with Greg Kinnear
- I played rugby in college for one month
- My grandfather is 98 years old
- I hate the taste of tarragon
What’s something surprising about you? I could go on and on about how weird I am, but I won’t.
PS: Check back tomorrow. Major shoe giveaway. No tampon toe required.