Just got back from my Cortisone injection. By the way, “high hamstring” means lower ass. I always think it’s funny when you go the doctor. You get very intimate very fast. In my case, I had never met the guy and five minutes after getting there I was bare ass up on the table and he was pushing and prodding my butt, trying to find the sore spot. I asked for a cigarette.
Here is the pre shot set up, very simple indeed:
He poked in and out (TWSS) looking for where to do the injection, but never hit a spot that was especially sore. WTF? I mean I’ve been dealing with this pain for awhile now and why when someone pushes the hell out of it, do I not feel anything? Am I lying? Making this up? Maybe I have some sort of disorder where I just want attention from doctors. Lord knows I’ve seen enough of them this year.
The shot itself was not too painful except when he hit the bone (sorry, I know that made you cringe). However, at this moment in time I am very sore. Time will tell if it works or not. I am not expecting a miracle, but I am hoping for enough relief that I can start working on getting the area stronger again.
Your insights about strength training on my last post were very helpful. I am resigned to the fact that building strength will become a part of my repertoire from here on out. It just has to be.
In other news, my phone interview with this dude went well today:
There were about four bloggers on the line, and we each got about ten minutes to ask Apolo and his coach about his training and upcoming marathon on Sunday in NYC.
I’ll post the full interview tomorrow, but a couple of teasers:
- His goal is to finish in around 3:30
- He has run 700 miles since he started training for the marathon
- His quads have gotten smaller since he started running and he now does not have to buy custom made jeans (I mean, seriously, look at those bitches):
- He loves me and asked if we could hold hands and speed skate together, but I told him I just had a Cortisone shot and am a bit sore.
Who is your fitness idol? I am on the fence. But I like the legs above. A lot. I also like Dolvett.
On a closing note, my impression of this week’s Biggest Loser (spoiler alert):
- Ramon likes Jess more than she likes him
- I don’t know why Dolvett’s team isn’t losing more weight
- Bonnie cries too much and I wish she would have gone home before Jess
- Anna’s team got results this week but I’m still not a huge fan
- Bob’s hair is not growing on me
- I about died when Vinny did that move where he flopped on his stomach. I’m sure he broke five ribs if that is possible to do through all of that extra fat
- Chocolate gravy is the most disgusting food I’ve ever heard of. Isn’t it just Hershey’s syrup?
Sorry for any typos. In a hurry to get to a meeting. More tomorrow.