On the eve of this very important run, I want to thank you for being on this journey with me. Your emails, comments, generous donations, blog posts, Facebook posts and Twitters have spread the word in a way I could never have imagined. Your willingness to organize runs within your communities, to venture out into the cold early on a Saturday morning, and to think about Sherry all the while, gives me goose bumps and warms my heart, for lack of a more eloquent way of saying it.
So, tomorrow – run and walk your hearts out. Despite the circumstances that will bring us together, smile because we are collectively doing something that symbolizes compassion and connectedness.
Make the earth move! Feel the power of what you are doing.
Races 2 Remember, who created the bib for Sherry, was kind enough to send me my own keepsake bib, and I love the quote they included in the envelope – “Determine that the thing can and shall be done and we will find the way”:
Local Virtual Run in Longmont/Boulder (this is where I will be with my family):
- Meet at Coot Lake (west side of the Boulder Reservoir, behind IBM on 63rd St) at 9:00 a.m.
- Bring friends, family members, your pet pig, whoever!
- We’ll like to start with a moment of silence for Sherry and her family, then start the run/walk together.
- Feel free to go as far as you’d like and to fart if you want.
- We’ll start by making our way around the Reservoir heading south. My guess is most people will go around the reservoir, which is about a five mile loop. If you are bringing your kids with you, like I am, you may choose to go out a mile then turn around. Whatever works for you!
- Note: Fox 31 News may or not be there to cover the story
Local Virtual run in Denver:
Runners Edge of the Rockies will begin their Saturday run at 7:30am (arrive around 7:15 for bib and training tip) from the Einstein's Bagel Shop at 2730 South Colorado Blvd., Denver. This is at the intersection of Colorado and Yale. The group will run east on the Highline Canal.
Let me know how it goes. I would really like to get an idea of numbers of people, so if you wouldn’t mind, please fill out this quick, 4 question survey HERE.
See you tomorrow, bibs on, ready to GO! Don’t forget to send me pictures, I’ll post as many as I can.