A few weeks ago I was sent some new sport earphones to try out.
They are made by Auria and the model is Exceed. These earphones have an XFit System that has you insert the phones in your ear and them rotate them for a snug and proper fit. Auria promises that the earphones:
- Will stay in place comfortably
- Will enable users to hear ambient sounds around them while they enjoy their music (if you don’t know what “ambient sounds” are, don’t feel bad, neither did I. They’re just environmental noises like birds chirping or cars about to hit you).
- Will provide excellent audio
- Will allow users to interface with the iPods, MP3 players and smartphones.
Truth be told, when I first put these in my ear hole (love that term), they felt like they might fall out. I brought my “other” plugs on my run just in case. But, guess what? Not only did they not fall out, they didn’t move at all during my run and I never had to adjust them.
So…I wore them during the Boston Marathon. I think a marathon is a pretty true test of something. If it’s going to break down or get on your nerves, it’ll probably be at some point during 26.2 miles. This is mile 20 and I am about to cry because I just found my family. That’s why the earphones are out.
Here is a zoom on the earphones and my neck, which obviously aged quite a bit during those 20 miles.
Verdict: the earphones worked very well. I know this because I never noticed they were falling out or getting on my nerves. Which was good because I had other things to worry about like throwing away underwear and getting to the damn finish line in one piece.
They also stay in place when it is incredibly windy outside. I’ve now used them on all runs since Boston. I think they deliver what they promise.
Sound quality is good. Fit is comfy and snug. Environmental noises can be heard at a minimum, which technically makes these earphones a bit safer than your ordinary pair. I also love that you can personalize these with click-on additions like:
They retail for $33.99 and come with
- Two sets of swappable Personalizers: a color-matched, painted set and a hand-picked graphical set.
- A super-soft, black mesh carrying case to hold most smartphones (including iPhone 4/3G/3GS and Blackberry models), Exceed earphones and accessories.
Want a pair? Auria would like to give away one pair to a reader.
- Tell me why you need new these headphones + 1 entry
- Like Auria and Facebook HERE and let them know I sent you! + 1 entry
- Tell me your favorite song to run to these days + 1 entry
- Follow my blog if you don’t already + 1 entry
- FB, Tweet or mention this giveaway on your blog +1 entry
Good luck. Giveaway ends Sunday, May 21.
- Auria sent me these earphones free of charge in exchange for my review. They also provided the pair for the giveaway
- Giveaway ends May 21. Winner will be chosen by Random.org.