I had a great early morning bike ride and from now until 7:40 a.m. Saturday I will be resting up for my Iron Girl sprint tri (1/4 mile swim, 17 mile bike, 5K). I think I can do well in this tri (I can TRI! Ever hear that one?), except that I have not run in over a week due to an aching ass, and not sure if I will get to the run part and suffer and need to crawl and cry.
Time will tell, and you can read all about the gory details here once the job has been done.
With the kids back in school, I have been able to be productive with out yelling at anyone. This week, in addition to work, I did lots of things that were not only random, but boring and tiring:
- Made these insane brownies (only they were a lighter version from September 2011 Cooking Light)
- Swam 4,000 yards (not at once)
- Painted my toenails after making Emma remove my polish
- Identified which spider was in that web on the porch (Orb Weaver) and encouraged Emma to believe me when I said it was not poisonous and will not have babies that will invade her bed.
- Had a long conversation with my mom while she took a bath
- Watched “The Boy in the Striped Pajamas”
- Wasted two hours of my life that I will never get back watching “Bachelor Pad”
- Read more of “Unbroken” and decided that the Japanese in World War II were some of the nastiness most ruthless bastards this world has ever seen
- Cooked in every night: grilled bruschetta turkey burgers, black bean tacos, chicken/bell pepper/onion hoagies, pasta with meatballs
- Went to bed by 10pm every night
- Had two gorgeous early morning rides with my cycling group
- Missed yoga
- Tried to figure out what I want to do with my life besides all of this
- Decided I wanted to own a casual black skirt then returned it because I don’t wear skirts casually, only for work
- Came up with some new SUAR shirt ideas
- Dreamed about going to NYC in the fall
- Shared a lane at the pool with some dude who, when I got out because I was done, asked me if he had “scared me off.” WTF? Do I look scared? My nipples are always that hard, btw.
- Put a new shower curtain liner in the shower. This simple and inexpensive act makes me feel like a rock star
It’s the little things that reveal who we are and that add up to one big week. What’s something random and mundane you did this week?