I loved my finish line video from the race. I loved it because I leapt (literally) over the finish line at :10 seconds into the video and did not even notice the girl puking beside me! (Girl in white shirt at :07. Poor thing!). I’m glad me and my vomit phobia did not notice. It’s called emetophobia in case you were wondering. Check it out HERE (be sure you are looking at the finish line video because there are two).
Most of all, I liked this picture of me. I think it’s good form to run with your arms spread wide so you can take up as much room as possible on a crowded course.
If you by chance thought I was kidding or exaggerating about the crowds in Vegas, eat your heart out – these are post-race conditions in the hotel. Or maybe all these people are waiting to grab coffee at Starbucks (photos stolen from Skinny Runner’s blog).
I am glad there was not a fire. There would not have been any room to stop, drop and roll like I learned in third grade.
I will end with Biggest Loser impressions (spoiler alert):
- I completely disagree with Antone. It is NOT possible to get a good workout in with your entire family at the gym.
- I’m with Dolvett (of course). John is going to have a harsh adjustment to “real” life once this is all over and he’s back to work. Not sure why his wife is doing everything for him.
- Courtney really held her own at the marathon. I was impressed.
- Jess kept up. Those stomach cramps slowed her down, however. I’m pretty sure she had an accident, SUAR style.
- What the hell with that wind storm? That would have been enough for me to get into a fetal position on the course.
- If Bonnie didn’t drop out, she would have won the whole thing. Blubbering, crying.
- I hate how Dr. H walked backwards while talking to the contestants at they ran. He should have run beside them. It was awkward.
- I can’t believe they pulled that dude out of the marathon at mile 21. I know there were medical issues (bone on bone or whatever), but he’s made it this far, let him finish even if it means crawling.
- OMG just shoot me if I have have to run that course through the mud caked desert. AWFUL!
- Got to give it to Ramon. But, still don’t see him and Jess together. Just my two cents.
- I think John’s going to win this whole thing.
Any impressions from TBL? Were you surprised Ramon won? Who will be picking confetti out of their hair?
Do you freak out in crowds or are you able to roll with it? I don’t like crowds, but I keep pretty calm unless I need the bathroom or someone is pushing me. Then I get feisty.