You guys love some stickers! Sorry to say, the *free* 150 are gone. If you emailed me before 11 a.m. MDT, yours is free. I will have more available soon for $2/piece (includes shipping). You can buy them through the blog once I figure out how to do that. I’ll let you know when I’ve got them and am all set up.
Addressing 150 envelopes takes a long time. But, I still like it better than water running. Plus, I have help. It takes a village to send out stickers. Ken is trying to act all, “Yeah, my wife makes me do this and I’m too cool for this sticker thing.” But he’s seriously all jacked up inside. Plus, you can only look so cool with a squirt of yogurt on your shirt.
Here’s what occurred to me today:
- People like free stickers.
- Just like the SNL skit, the cashiers at Target are really interested in what you’re buying. Most seem partial to children’s clothes and candle items. “Oh, well, isn’t that cute? Where did you find that? I’m going to have to pick me up one of those!”
- I might only be able to water run for 40 minutes right now, but in 152 days I will run the Boston Marathon. On land. Not in a bathing suit. And, I will be pain free.
- Most of us pay too much for insurance. I bundled (auto/home) and saved $1,200 a year just by making a phone call. Worth the time. I’ve never used “bundle” as a verb before.
- I am a runner, but I am other things too.
- The junk drawer is always a mess. It doesn’t matter what I do. Tape measures, staples, chargers, condoms. It all just accumulates into one big pile of crap.
- We should never apologize for being ourselves and for doing what is true for us.
- Children stare at you when you’re on crutches. Adults mostly look the other way.
- Being injured gives you insight into yourself and others that you would not have otherwise had.
- There is always that one asshole on the road who cuts in front of you and slows down. Why? Why?
- Ménage à Trois wine is really good. You should try it sometime. I’m talking about the wine. I’m not that experimental.
- It’s true that brussell sprouts give you gas. We had them last night. I’m still farting.
- The dishwasher and trash are always full requiring me to do something
- Most of us are way too hard on ourselves. We would never expect others to do the things we demand of ourselves.
What occurred to you today?
PS: I’m OFF the crutches. Like completely. There is a God.