Last year I was the volunteer coordinator for the Skirt Chaser 5K in Denver. This year I am one of the race ambassadors, so I am trying to get the word out about this fun event. If you will be in and/or around Denver on Saturday, October 1st, about 3:00 pm, consider running and block partying with us at Invesco Field (where the Broncos play-name has recently been changed to the Sports Authority Field).
Why you should do it:
- Ladies start first - 3 minutes ahead of the men! Can the testosterone catch the estrogen?
- Singles are encouraged to wear a sticker to signify their "availability." Stickers are distributed in the expo before the race start. Maybe you will meet your future spouse on October 1. Or at least have a fun hook up.
- The post-race Block Party includes live music, great food, free beer and stage entertainment. Did someone say beer?
- Race entry ($55) includes:
- Kick Start Skirt by Skirt Sports (retails for $59.99)
- Skirt Sports Backpack-style Sling Bag
- Skirt Chaser 5k Race Entry
- Block Party Entry - Live Music, 2 Drink Tickets, Free Food, and Post-Race Entertainment
(Note: there is also a skirtless option for $35, but you get all the other goodies)
Here is the Skirt Sports skirt you get with entry:
Cute built-in pink boy shorts underneath:
Keep in mind, this is not just a race, it’s a weekend social event!! I can attest to the fact that last year this was a blast. A rockin’ band played and the beer flowed (you may remember this video that I’m not so proud of, I never said I had rhythm).
Sign up online HERE.
Come join me! I’m pretty fun to be around when I am doing some of my favorite things, running, drinking beer and being chased by men.
Are you in???
PS: My Yellowman running shirt giveaway goes on until Friday, so go enter HERE!