So many Half Ironman questions, so little time. Not only am I a tri-newbie, but I’m also a long distance tri-newbie.
If you have answers/opinions regarding any of the below, please leave in the comments section:
- Sleeveless wetsuit or full? Water temp will be in the low 70s. This will likely not be my only tri.
- How many calories on the bike per hour?
- What type of fuel is your favorite on the bike?
- What is the longest brick distance I should do it training?
- Should I do a swim/bike/run workout (i.e., 2,200 yard swim, 50 mile bike, 5 mile run) a few weeks prior to the race?
- What if I am swimming and panic or can’t go any further during the race?
- What is the hardest part of the transitions? Getting the damn wetsuit off?
- Will I be the only one without aerobars?
- How do I not get psyched out when people pass me on the bike?
- Is everyone who does these races super crazy fast and better than me?
- What is your best tip for me about this race?
Many, many more to come over the next 31 days. Bear with me.